In some cases, an administrator may create an account in DevNation on the behalf of an “End-User” and may provide his/her information, including Personal Information. In such cases, the administrator who may be your Employer or a DevNation Authorized Training Partner (ATP) is our “Customer.” We collect Information under the direction of our customers and have no direct relationship with the End-User whose personal data we process.A End-user’s use of the DevNation platform may be subject to the Customer’s policies if any.
If you are an End-user using our platform, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. DevNation is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
DevNation does not send personalized advertisements or Marketing communication to end-users.
You request a demo of Bearer
We call you
You use Bearer
You receive emails from us
You chat with us for customer support
You opt-in to marketing messages
Personal data collected by DevNation may be stored and processed in your region, and in any other country where DevNation or its affiliates, data sub-processors operate facilities. To facilitate DevNation global operations, we may transfer and access such information from around the world, including from other countries in which the Company has operations. This Privacy Statement shall apply even if DevNation transfers Data to other countries.
Currently, DevNation and its data sub-processors have data centers in the Singapore and United States.
The data we hold may also be processed by employees operating in the countries listed above, such staff may be engaged in, among other things, product development and customer and technical support. The data protection and other laws of these countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using Our Services, You consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of Your data in these countries.
Note to our customers in Europe:
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data. By submitting your data and/or using Our Services, You consent to the transfer, storing, and processing of your data in these countries.
Use of your Personal Information and Other Data
Personal Identifiable Information
We may collect the following personal information from you in the following situations
- When you visit our website or mobile apps and voluntarily provide the following information via one of our contact forms, via a chat or phone session, or as part of a purchase of one of our courses or register on our site:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP
- Information about your business, such as company name, company size, business type
- Your DevNation account details may include billing information, credit/debit card details if provided and the account password.
Note: All payment transactions are processed through secure payment gateway providers.
We do not store any card information (other than the last 4 digits of your card) on our servers.
When you use our Learning Management System, mobile applications, our support system or respond to our surveys:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, IP address, geographic location, or phone number;
- Unique Identifiers, such as username, or password;
- Name and e-mail address when you provide feedback from the Service(s)
- When you use our community website or blogs
Please refer to our section on Public Forums
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities
Non-Personal Identifiable Data
We capture some Non Identifiable data in our logs. The data in the logs includes
- Device type
- browser type
- language preference
- time zone
- screen size
- referring / exit pages
We may use the personal information collected from within the Websites, chatbox, mobile, email, or when you use the Service(s) to:
- Provide you with the Service(s).
- Send you communication from the Service(s)
- Assess the needs of your business to determine or suggest suitable products.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Respond to customer service requests.
- Administer your account.
- Send you promotional and marketing communications.
- Facilitate your transactions with other users when you use our Service(s).
- Perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics at an aggregate level in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
If your subscription was provided by your employer or a DevNation Authorised training partner, we will share information, including personal information with them.
We may transfer personal information to our Group Companies and sub-contractors that help us provide our Service(s). Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our data processors. We reserve the right to disclose your personal data as required by applicable law, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process served on us.
In the event DevNation goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your user account, and personal data will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and via prominent notice on our Websites of any such change in ownership or control. We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
Data from Third Parties
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you grant permission to access your data on one or more networks.
- Existing or past learners who participate in our referral program
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources like postal mail, telephone, or fax. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via the Site in order to improve the products and services we provide.
Correction, Removal, or Export of Personal Information
DevNation acknowledges that you have the right to access, edit and delete your personal information at any time. Upon request, we will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information we collect about you. You also have the right to withdraw your consent granted for the collection of personal information by issuing a written request for data erasure which will be followed by the Company in conformity with the applicable privacy laws. You will have the opportunity to correct, update, modify or delete this information or withdraw your consent as follows:
If you have independently signed up with DevNation.
- You may access, update or export your Personal Information included in your online DevNation account at any time by logging into your account and going to your profile or by reaching out to us
If you are using an enterprise-provided account (DevNation Authorized Training Partner or your Employer)
Please review the section Notice to End Users
Exceptions in Deletion: If you request access to your personal information and discover that that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers or backup systems
Exception in Data Portability: There may be limits to the amount of information we can practically provide. For example, we may limit an individual’s access to personal information where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy or where doing so would violate others’ rights.
Exception in Data Correction: Even after updates to your Personal Information, we may maintain and store older versions of such information within our databases, access logs and other records in order to comply with other routine data audits.
Any discrepancies and grievances with respect to the processing of personal information may be informed to the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below:
Name: Hamd Bilal Tahir
Designation: Chief Product Officer
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
DevNation Pte. Ltd.
160 Robinson Road, #14-04 Singapore Business Federation Centre
DevSchool Pvt. Ltd. (DevNation Trademark)
4th Floor, Daftarkhwan, Vogue Towers, MM Alam Road,
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan 54000
Please don’t make this the last time you read it as we will post any changes on this page - significant changes will of course be notified to you by email.